August 2 – 5, 2017 (or longer*)
This is a new retreat format that we are pilot testing on Star Island this summer.
The concept of this retreat is simple: step back from the distractions of life and dedicate a special time to reflection and renewal.
The format is designed to provide the key features of conducive retreat space:
- Intentional community & mutual support
- Programming that supports spiritual growth & healing
- Opportunities for silence, meditation and stillness
- Time to commune with nature
- Encouragement to practice being present
- Healthy eating and environment
- A Focus on spiritual practice and discernment
In other words, it’s a great place to do some “soulwork”. What’s soulwork? It’s just whatever you are working on in yourself at this point in your life, on the road to becoming a healthy, whole and integrated person. Just bring yourself and your process. Examples of soulwork you might bring (or find waiting for you):
- Taking up a spiritual practice or path … or deepening your devotion to one
- Prevent (or recover from) caregiver burnout
- Further your recovery process
- Focus on discernment
- vocational discernment — contemplating jobs, careers and callings
- spiritual discernment — attending to how the spirit is moving inside of you
- Or asking “what’s next?” and seeing what happens!
Gathering together, we will do our best to co-create a supportive space in which each of us can ease forward on our individual spiritual journeys.
At the same time, it will be an opportunity to relax and enjoy the summertime. In keeping with Star Island tradition, it will be a “vacation with a purpose.” We will spend mornings making formal efforts together, in meditation and workshop time. Then we will set ourselves free to enjoy the afternoons. See the details on our schedule page.
Questions? Contact Rev. Dave.
* Optionally, you can extend your stay as many days as you like, up to August 12. Our program ends on the 5th, but there is room on the island for your “personal retreat” during the following week.