July 31 – August 4, 2018 (or longer*)
Step back from the distractions of life and dedicate a special time to reflection and renewal. Gathering together, we will co-create a supportive space in which each of us can focus on individual aspects of spiritual growth.
Our simple format is designed to provide the key features of conducive retreat:
- Intentional community & mutual support
- Programming that promotes spiritual development & healing
- Opportunities for silence, meditation and stillness
- Time to commune with nature
- Encouragement to practice being present
- Healthy eating and environment
- A focus on spiritual & vocational discernment
In other words, it’s a great place to do some “soulwork”. What’s soulwork? It’s just whatever you are working on in yourself at this point in your life, on the road to becoming a healthy, whole and integrated person. Just bring yourself and your process. Examples of soulwork you might bring (or find waiting for you):
- Taking up a spiritual practice or path … or deepening your devotion to one
- Prevent (or recover from) caregiver burnout
- Further your recovery process
- Clarifying your sense of what’s calling you
- Or simply asking “what’s next?” and seeing what happens!
In keeping with Star Island tradition, it will be a “vacation with a purpose.” We will spend mornings and evenings making formal efforts together, in meditation and workshop time. In between, we will set ourselves free to enjoy the afternoon sun. See the details on our schedule page.
Questions? Contact Rev. Dave.
* Optionally, you can extend your stay as many days as you like, up to August 11. Our program ends on the 5th, but there is room on the island for your “personal retreat” during the following week.